Healthy Banana Bread Recipe!
Applesauce is a great substitute for oil when baking! It still provides a nice, moist texture and it is MUCH healthier than oil! This week I played with my grandma’s banana bread recipe to make it a “healthy” version! I had two people try it (besides myself since I’ve been told I have a “healthy” pallet now and “everything” healthy tastes good to me) and they both gave it two thumbs up! I hope you like it too! Enjoy!
- 3 Large Mashed Bananas
- 3 Egg Whites
- 2/3 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 1/2 Cups Splenda (*I have also used 1/2 Cup Pure Grade A Honey with 1 Cup Splenda)
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla (or Vanilla Extract)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mas the three large bananas and then add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spray a 9 x 5″ loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray (Pam) and sprinkle with flour to coat the pan evenly.
- Pour batter into the pan and bake at 325 for about 1 hour.
*Disclaimer: Never start a new exercise/diet regimen without consulting your Dr. first.
*Copywright: This is an original series developed and written by Coupon Gal.