100 Calorie Banana Pops Recipe!
Frozen Fruit is a great alternative to ice cream. You can pretty much freeze any fruit and blend it to make a smootie or freeze it in the shape of a popsicle for a sweet treat. These chocolate covered frozen banana pops are way less calories than the leading chocolate ice creams, plus you get the nutrition from a banana, which is always good.
- 4 Small Bananas Cut in Half
- 2 Hershey Special Dark Sweet Chocolate Bars
- 2 Teaspoons of Olive Oil
- 8 Wooden Popsicle Sticks (I get these at the $.99 Only Store).
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- Peel and cut the bananas in half crosswise to make 8 pieces. Push a popsicle stick into each banana half.
- Place the bananas in the freezer for 1 hour.
- In a microwave-safe tall glass, combine chocolate and oil. Microwave on high for 20 seconds, stir, and continue to microwave at 20-second intervals until melted.
- Dip bananas in chocolate mixture and hold until the chocolate gets firm.
- *To store the leftovers, you can just wrap them in a small piece of foil.
- 1/2 Small Banana: 45 Calories
- 1/8 of 2 Hershey Special Dark Sweet Chocolate Bars: 45 Calories
- 1/8 of 2 Teaspoons of Olive Oil: 10 Calories
*Disclaimer: Never start a new exercise/diet regimen without consulting your Dr. first.
*Copywright: This is an original series developed and written by Coupon Gal.