Healthy Spaghetti Squash Chicken Marinara Recipe!
Spaghetti squash is a great item to substitute for pasta! This week I learned a new recipe that was very simple and very good! I hope you like this healthy spaghetti squash chicken marinara recipe! Enjoy!
(This is what spaghetti squash looks like, just in case you didn’t know.)
- 1 Medium or Large Spaghetti Squash
- 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts Cut into Chunks
- 1 Large Can of Hunts Diced Tomatoes (You can also make your own. I use Hunts.)
- 1 Green Bellpepper
- Olive Oil
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove all the seeds (like you would out of a pumpkin).
- Sprinkle the inside with olive oil and seasonings if you desire. (I just used a little pepper).
- Place both pieces face down on a foil lined cookie sheet and bake for 25 min. (or until you can easily poke a fork in the squash).
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook the diced chicken breast in a little olive oil, with the garlic salt and pepper. Saute until the meat is fully cooked.
- Add the large can of diced tomatoes and sliced green bell pepper to the chicken and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover with a lid. Simmer until the bell pepper is cooked to your desire.
- Remove the spaghetti squash from the oven and rake the inside out with a fork.
- Serve by placing the chicken marinara mixture over a bed of the spaghetti squash.
*Disclaimer: Never start a new exercise/diet regimen without consulting your Dr. first.
*Copywright: This is an original series developed and written by Coupon Gal.