Healthy Petite Lasagna Cups Recipe!
I was browsing Pinterest one day and ran across this Petite Lasagna Cups idea. I played with the recipe (to make it healthier of course) and let me tell you… they are not only healthy, but they turned out yummy! Not to mention they are also super cute, and fun to make with the kiddos! These little individual lasagna cups are a perfect portion for kids and a good way to control your own portion size. I also found this less messy to make than regular lasagna (I don’t really like kitchen clean-up…can you tell??
I think I know it’s my least favorite part of cooking.)
Healthy, easy, and yummy recipes are possible EVEN if you are on a budget!! I got all these ingredients while they were on sale and since all of it can be stockpiled (because they are either canned, dry goods, or can be frozen) this meal only cost me $5.00 to make and I’ll have enough for 2 meals for a family of 4. Remember…planning ahead is the BEST way to save! Cheese, ground turkey (or beef), and wonton wrappers freeze well and are great to have on hand for quick and easy meals! I go hog wild when I find a deal on low fat 2% milk cheese or ground turkey. Remember the time I told you about the Jennie-O Turkey was on sale at Ralphs for $1.79 for a 1.25 lb. package? Well…I bought 10 of them and froze them because I knew that was the absolute LOWEST price I would get turkey for.
You DO NOT have to sacrifice healthy eating just because you are on a budget! I live on a budget everyday and I am a HUGE avid healty, clean eater!
- 1 lb. Ground Turkey (You can also use 93% lean ground beef if you prefer)
- 1 Jar Spaghetti Sauce (You can also make your own. I use Hunts.)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tablespoon of Dried Oregano
- 1 Tablespoon of Dried Basil
- 1 1/2 Cups Fat Free Ricotta Cheese
- 2 Cups Shredded 2% Milk Mozzarella Cheese
- 24 Small Square Wonton Wrappers (Located near the tofu)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large skillet over medium heat add the ground turkey, salt, pepper, onions and garlic and saute until the meat is fully cooked.
- Add the jar of spaghetti sauce (or your own homemade sauce) and heat to a boil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta, a pinch of salt and pepper, oregano and basil. Mix well and set aside.
- Spray a 12-cup cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray and place one wonton wrapper in each of the cups, pressing firmly to shape the wrapper to the cup bottom and walls.
- Spread 1/2 your ricotta mixture on the bottom of each of the 12 cups bottom. Next, spoon 1/2 your turkey and sauce mixture evenly over the cups on top of the ricotta mixture you just placed in the bottom. Sprinkle each cup with mozzarella cheese.
- Gently press another wonton wrapper on the top of each cup and repeat the above process using the remaining ingredients and topping each cup with a final layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes (or until the cheese on top is melted)
- Remove from oven and let them cool for about 5-10 min. Gently remove from pan and serve!
*Disclaimer: Never start a new exercise/diet regimen without consulting your Dr. first.
*Copywright: This is an original series developed and written by Coupon Gal.