Healthy Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe!
Chicken Tortilla Soup in the crock pot for dinner tonight! So easy! If you are looking for a quick, no hassle, HEALTHY meal for dinner…try this recipe I got from my friend at Weight Watchers. It’s so yummy!
Healthy, easy, and yummy recipes are possible EVEN if you are on a budget!! I got all these ingredients while they were on sale and since all of it can be stockpiled (because they are either canned goods or can be frozen) this meal only cost me $4.00 to make and I’ll have enough for 2 meals for a family of 4. Remember…planning ahead is the BEST way to save! Cheese and chicken freeze well and are great to have on hand for quick and easy meals! You DO NOT have to sacrifice healthy eating just because you are on a budget! I live on a budget everyday and I am a HUGE avid healty, clean eater!
- 1 lb. Chicken Breasts
- 1 (14.5 oz.) Can Chicken Broth (I use reduced sodium)
- 1 (15 oz.) Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 (10 oz.) Can Enchilada Sauce
- 1 (4 oz.) Can Chopped Green Chilis
- 1 (10 oz.) Package Frozen Corn
- 1 Medium Onion, Chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- Literally put all the ingredients listed above in a crock pot (yep…just dump it all in) and cook it on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- After it’s done cooking, use two forlks to spread and shred the chicken right in the crock pot.
- Top with healthy tortilla strips and 2% Milk (or reduced fat) cheddar cheese.
Healthy Corn Tortilla Strips:
- 8 Corn Tortillas (1 per bowl you will serve)
- Pam Cooking Spray
*Disclaimer: Never start a new exercise/diet regimen without consulting your Dr. first.
*Copywright: This is an original series developed and written by Coupon Gal.