Healthy Baked Tostadas!
Healthy Gal has has tried out a new recipe and wants to share another frugally healthy tip with you for the Healthy Gal Series!
Did you know you can spray a corn tortilla with Pam or non-stick olive oil spray and place it on a cookie sheet and bake it in the oven? Well you can and guess what? It comes out just as crispy as if you were to deep fry it!! I was so shocked when my friend Candace told me about this alternative way of making tostada shells! So with that, I wanted to share with you how to make Healthy Baked Tostadas!
- Corn Tortillas
- Lean Ground Beef, Chicken, or Turkey
- Fat Free Refried Beans (black or pinto)
- Reduced Fat (or 2% milk) shredded cheese
- Shredded Lettuce
- Diced Tomatoes
- Other topping choices: Olives, Salsa, Avacado, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray each tortilla with PAM or olive oil type nonstick spray. Place sprayed tortillas in oven and bake until crisp.
- Meanwhile, heat refried beans and cook meat (if desired).
- Remove crisped tortillas from the oven. Spread with refried beans and meat (if desired)
- Top with shredded cheese, lettuce and tomatoes.
Honestly this was the easiest healthy recipe I have ever made! From start to finish it took about 20 minutes to prepare and have dinner on the table! The best part for me was not having a huge oil mess all over my stove from frying the shells in oil. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did. It’s a new family favorite in my house.
*Disclaimer: Never start a new exercise/diet regimen without consulting your Dr. first.
*Copywright: This is an original series developed and written by Coupon Gal.