5 Ways to Slim Your Waistline on a Budget!
The economy is ROUGH right now to say the least! I know many people are loosing their jobs or getting hours cut, but eating healthy low calorie food is still possible, I PROMISE! As a part of my Healthy Gal Series I wanted to share with you 5 ways to slim your waistline on a budget that I personally practice in my own life!
1. Cook Your Own Meals: There is not a single company that makes food that will make you skinny that you can not make yourself! You don’t have to buy any specific brand of food or buy into a program of meals to lose weight. There are lots of healthy online recipe sites that will help you get on the right track for cooking your own healthy meals! One of my favorite sites is of course the FREE Weight Watchers Recipes site. Learning to cook healthy for yourself will change your lifestyle and save you thousands and thousands of dollars over time! I promise this is the number one key to changing your lifestyle and slimming your waistline on a budget. Knowledge is POWER!
2. Stock Up on Sale: For those of you who already coupon, you know the effectiveness of buying in bulk at rock bottom prices! Keep your eye out for those low-calorie items that you can buy in bulk and freeze or store and use later. 2% milk cheese, whole wheat bread, vegetables, meats and more freeze well! When you can get chicken breast on sale for $1.97/lb., buy extra packages and go home, clean, and separate them in portions and freeze them for future use. Being prepared is the best way to SAVE!
3. Plan Your Meals Around What is on Sale: Buy the fruits, vegetables, meats, and grains that are on sale and then use those to make your menu for the week. If this week apples, green beans, corn tortillas and chicken breast are on sale make an apple walnut salad, chicken enchiladas, stir fry, etc. Go through your circular for the week and make a list of what you will buy and even try to use printable grocery coupons to save even more on those sale items! Organization brings SUCCESS!
4. Exercise for FREE: Who said you have to have a gym membership to exercise? A walk, jog, or run around the neighborhood costs absolutely nothing! If you are afraid of doing this alone, ask a friend to join you. You may find that having an excercise buddy will hold you accountable and motivate you too! You may also want to check your public library for workout videos that you can check out for free! The U.S. Surgeon General says, “Walking is the biggest bang for our buck. Thirty minutes a day of walking will prevent many cases of diabetes, hypertension, and other chronic diseases.” The doctor knows best! Move it so you can LOSE IT!
5. Drink Nature’s Cheapest Health Drink: Did you know that 60% of the human body is made up of water? Water is an essential nutrient and all chemical reactions in the body depend upon it. Since lean muscle tissue contains about 75% water it is important that you drink it because when you are trying to lose weight, water flushes out the by-products of fat breakdown and keeps that muscle and the rest of your body healthy. So forget the power infused drinks, and save your money. The drink with the most health benefits is FREE!
Who said you can’t slim your waistline on a budget? Losing weight shouldn’t break the bank! Keep your money in your pocket and lose the pounds you want starting today!
*Disclaimer: Never start a new exercise/diet regimen without consulting your Dr. first.
*Copywright: This is an original series developed and written by Coupon Gal.