Low Calorie/Low Fat Chicken Enchilada Casserole!
Guess who is here? HEALTHY GAL!! She wants to share with you a quick and easy, low calorie, low fat, super yummy Chicken Enchilada Casserole Recipe! Seriously, this takes very little work! Here is a list of what you will need:
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Large Can of Enchilada Sauce
1 Bag of 2% Milk Cheese
1 Dozen Corn Tortillas
1. In a crock pot: Place 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts with 1/2 large can of enchilada sauce. (I use Las Palmas, but you can use your favorite). Cook on low for 3 hours. Once the chicken is done, shred it using two forks by pulling the meat in oppostie directions.
2. Preheat your oven to 400°
3. In the bottom of a large 9×13″ casserole dish spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce to coat the bottom.
4. Begin layering your casserole. Lay one layer of corn tortillas, then some of the chicken mixture, and top with cheese. Continue alternating until you run out of the chicken mixture. I usually get 3 layers.
5. Top it off with the remaining cheese and bake at 400° for about 25 min.
A healthy dinner is served!
*I just wanted to share with you a few tips on how I stock up to make this meal the cheapest I can. I usually buy the boneless skinless chicken breasts when they are on sale for $2.00 or less per pound. I also stock-up on 2% milk cheese when I can get it for less than $1 (like this deal I wrote about at Target which you can still get!).