What are Extra Care Bucks (ECB’s)?
Extra Care Bucks (ECB’s) are printed rewards that look like the one pictured above that you earn at any CVS/pharmacy store when you use your ExtraCare card to purchase qualifying items.
*If you don’t have an ExtraCare card you can apply in-store for FREE! Just ask a cashier for the application and you will get the card immediately.
How do I earn ECB’s?
You can earn ECB’s in any of the following ways:
- By purchasing qualifying items as advertised in the CVS weekly ad. Your Extra Bucks will print on your receipt immediately following your qualifying purchase.
- You will earn 2% back on every purchase in-store and online at CVS/pharmacy when you use your ExtraCare Card. Every 3 months your Extra Bucks will print out on the bottom of your receipt.
- You can also earn $1 Extra Buck for every 2 prescriptions purchased in-store and online at CVS/pharmacy when you use your ExtraCare Card.
How do I redeem my ECB’s?
You can use your ECB’s on any item in CVS (excluding alcohol, tobacco, lottery, gift cards, money orders, postage stamps, pre-paid cards, prescriptions, and special order Home Health Care items, including footwear). Just make sure you use them before they expire because CVS does not have to honor them after the date on your ECB.
What other things do I need to know about ECB’s?
- If you loose your ExtraCare card, a new one can be issued and CVS will transfer any unused ECB’s to your new card. If you loose you card, just call: 1-800-SHOPCVS to order a duplicate card.
- ECB’s can be stacked with manufacturer and CVS coupons.
- CVS does NOT limit the number of ECB’s you can use in any one transaction, but you can’t use more ECB’s than the total cost of your transaction (excluding taxes). Taxes must be paid for in cash.
- My good friend Jaycie over at Coupon Geek has an AWESOME posting you will want to read on, “How to Roll ECB’s at CVS.”